Making sure your lashes stay long and luscious is a process. Just like the rest of your skin, your lashes benefit from exfoliation and cleansing. Your eyelids require regular cleaning to prevent infections and to help to keep your eyelashes as healthy as possible.
There are a number of products that you can buy to use for eyelid scrubs, but you must be sure that they only contain ingredients that are gentle and safe to use. This is why many people choose to make their own eyelid scrub, so they know exactly what they are using and can select the very best ingredients. Tea tree oil is perfect because it fights germs, helps to calm inflamed eyelids and is safe to use, when diluted.
To make sure you get the best results, here is our step-by-step guide to making the perfect tea tree eyelid scrub…
- Wash your hands thoroughly before you start, so that you are not transferring any germs onto your eyelids.
- Place a warm face cloth on your eyelids for a minimum of two minutes to gently loosen any debris or oil.
- Mix tea tree oil with water, using a 1:3 ratio (e.g. 1 drop of tea tree oil to 3 drops of water).
There are alternative products you can use other than tea tree oil, such as eyelid wipes, hypochlorous acid solutions or even baby shampoo, but tea tree oil is often recommended by dermatology experts.
- Apply the solution onto your eyelids using a cotton pad. You should close your eyes and gently move the pad backwards and forwards along your eyelids and lashes, using a different pad for each eye.
- Rinse your eyes with water and gently pat them dry with a clean towel.
- Apply Lashfactor Growth Serum.
Using the Lashfactor Serum will give your eyelashes a natural boost, resulting in healthier, stronger and fuller looking lashes. Apply the serum directly onto the roots of your lashes and repeat every day for at least 4 weeks.
Looking after your lashes should be an essential part of your skincare routine. By cleansing your eyelids with a tea tree scrub, as well as using Lashfactor daily, you’ll have longer and fuller lashes in as little as four weeks!
Find out more about Lashfactor products at lashfactor.online/store